Fondazione Appia Antica held its first Forum “Living in the Anthropocene – Forest Medicine and Biophilia” on March 22-23 in Rome, Italy this year.
Researchers, academics, professionals and government representatives from Asia, Europe and North America presented and discussed the major scientific achievements in research, capacity development and service provision to a very “Green City” oriented audience.
The Forum represents the first of a series of Forums to be held in Rome and other countries to develop a blueprint for urban “Green City” development that ensures environmental, archeological and/or historical protection based on FAA’s current work within the Appia Antica Park.
The blue print:
- Will be designed and managed by its residents and activists;
- puts people, pedestrians and child carriages first;
- takes care of its older population, citizens with handicaps and most of all its children;
- Is designed around family values and friends and not jobs;
- Is rich with healing forests, trees and agriculture;
- Is designed around regional heritage, culture and business environment;
- Provides sustainable education, Green Jobs and Sustainable Careers.
The final blueprint or “handbook” will be made available to any citizen, municipality or region interested in implementing a similar project.
If requested, FAA will assist in project definition, implementation and possible financing.
Fondazione Appia Antica invites anybody interested in sustainable urban development, sustainable education and sustainable environment to participate in our efforts and work with us to create a blueprint that will become the guiding light for other cities around the world.
Media Relations press (at) fondazioneappiaantica.org